Saturday, January 26, 2008

I think I can...I think I can

A goal unwritten is just a wish.

I'm a little late on the blog, but the goals have been written now for a couple weeks. I picked five categories, physical, social, family, spiritual and financial and wrote down my goals for the year in each category. It's now official, they are written down, and now I just get to pick my rewards....well and do all the work. Some of my physical goals include the SLC 1/2 marathon in April, the Woman of Steel Triathlon in May and running with my friends in the Wasatch Back Relay in June. It was a good workout week. I ran 13.5 miles total, biked 10 and swam 1600 meters. I did the 10 mile bike ride this afternoon, after a short 2 mile run (I know backwards for a triathlon), but I haven't ridden a bike seriously for a long time. I have to include the goals in my blog, because now they aren't just official in my book, you all know about them too! I expect lots of training support (encouraging words), and for some of you to join me...

I think it's going to be a fun spring!

4 comments:

Will Murdoch said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Will Murdoch said...

I had to laugh. I read this just after I posted my 1/2 marathon goal on my blog. Keeps one honest!

Megan said...

You guys! Seriously, if I still lived there I'd be in the best shape of my life because I wouldn't be able to stand not joining you! You go girl! I am amazed!! How do you find the time & in the SNOW? :) Take care!

Michelle Alley said...

Jenn - you are amazing! So glad you have found such a fun passion! Running in utah is so much fun, it's the best running I've ever experienced. Good luck with everything!