Saturday, July 12, 2008

Little Fishes



Swimming lessons are a summertime rite of passage at our house. A few years ago we found a private teacher through Dive Utah and she is amazing. In addition she lives in Draper and has a heated pool in her backyard, what more could I ask for?


Two summers ago Betsy worked with Brin on water safety. This summer Brin learned the breaststroke and by the end of our 21 day imprint can cross the long length of the pool by herself. We swam with friends earlier this week and it was back to panic mode for me because suddenly Brin feels like she can go anywhere. With her little waist belt she feels invincible.


It was amazing to watch all of the girls progress. Sadie is like a little frog, within the first week she had coordinated her breaststoke arms and kick together and it has given her the freedom of the pool. She is quick and strong and confident.


Betsy's pool is not quite big enough for Emilee but while the other girls had their lessons she practiced her breaststroke, her freestyle and worked on her butterfly legs. It was amazing to watch her with fins in the water, so graceful and powerful.


During the last three weeks of swim lessons each of the girls has asked...Mom, could we get our own pool? It made me happy, I have three girls who love to be in the water as much as I do and maybe someday...after all if Dad gets to have a harley, shouldn't the rest of us have a pool?!?

3 comments:

Noriane said...

Is Brian seriously getting a Harley?!! Let's hope he doesn't give my husband crazy ideas...

Does this teacher have room for 2 more little girls who insist on dog paddling, even though they've taken swimming lessons many times in the past? If so, can you email me some info?

Jessup Jive said...

Thats amazing I think I took swimming lessons once for 3 weeks and that was the end. I would love to know how to do those things!!

Monica M said...

Does this teacher have room room for 2 more girls. I wanted to go up to dive utah this year, but I can't afford the gas money. I've had this idea for years, just no pool to go too.