Sunday, February 8, 2009

Certified!


Well...almost. Brian and Em went up to the crater at the Homestead for Emilee's two days of open water certification. Day 1...not so successful, but after some sudafed and afrin Day 2 went much better.
A few years ago in church our friend, Justin gave a talk where he explained that he always tells his girls "you can do hard things!". His words have stuck with me all this time and it is something that I have found myself repeating to my own girls.
During the course of Emilee's dive certification we have had this conversation several times and I am so proud of her! She did it!

5 comments:

Alison said...

Congratulations Em! What a great accomplishment!

robifam said...

WAY TO GO EM!!!!!!!!

Love, Grandma Dianne

bebe said...

Good job! Now get your parents to take you somewhere fun to practice! Maybe Cozumel???

Jenn said...

Hope you are having so much fun on your trip. Thought about you a lot. It's funny, I also have told my kids that same phrase "you can do hard things" and have remembered it from Justin's talk. It really impacted me as well. Love you!

Noriane said...

Congrats Emilee! It's true, Justin says that to Grace and Maya when they whine and complain that something is too hard...and over the years I can see how much it's improved their self confidence. I'll have to tell him that you picked up on it!