Thursday, August 9, 2007

As...you...wish....


Today was my Dad's birthday and one particular item on his wish list caught my attention. He wanted "The Princess Bride" on DVD. Apparently, our old family VHS version, videotaped off the TV when I was probably 13, is no longer a satisfactory way to view this family classic. Also apparently I wasn't the only one paying attention to the birthday list, tonight, Dad opened 3 copies of "the Princess Bride". It was hilarious to sit there with my brothers and sisters and hear this movie quoted. As kids this was a movie that, along with Star Wars: Return of the Jedi, we watched over and over and over. And we still remember it word for word. Many family quotes were drawn from this movie..."it's possible...pig", "did the word "THINK" just escape your lips?" and of course "as you wish". There are just some movies that never lose their magic or at least never fail to bring a smile.

What are your family classics?

2 comments:

Rochelleht said...

Goonies.

"Ok, Michael Jackson didn't come over to my house to use the bathroom.... But his sister did!"

Michelle Alley said...

Jenn, what a cute story about your dad! Sound of Music was our family favorite - I remember the first time I saw it - I was five and had the chicken pox. Anyway - cute post Jenn!