Wednesday, August 1, 2007

First things first

When asked, I keep telling everyone that we are "still settling in" to the new house. But I realized yesterday after wasting countless hours that I might be settling in forever. Brian and I have yet to set up our own computers, we're still parking the cars in the driveway, and Brian's office looks like a bomb site to name just a few of our projects.

And yet I have found time to read Harry Potter (which I loved, my favorite of all) and several other books, I've had a "cupcake day" where I baked for an entire afternoon, I ran the Draper 5k, we've gone on several mini-vacations, hiked to Timpanogos Cave, and had lots of other summer adventures.

So, I grounded myself this morning from the computer and my book (of course, this was after my run... I could only give up so much) until the garage could be parked in. Then, I cleared the rubble in the office so Brian's computer could get set up and painted Brin's nails-2 coats.

It's all just a matter of priorities, right!?! Now I can be guiltless for another couple weeks and get back to my book...

3 comments:

Michelle Alley said...

Indeed, I've been in your shoes Jenn! I totally understand. You definately accomplished a lot, and you deserve an afternoon with your book!

Will Murdoch said...

So...what are you reading??

lori said...

We LOVED coming for a visit on Sunday. Your new home is just beautiful! I know the feeling of settling in all too well. We've been in 6 months and we are still doing it!