Monday, September 10, 2007

Peaches and Cream

I wait anxiously every summer for the peaches to ripen. Are they ready, is it time yet, still two more weeks?!? And then...that first bite of juicy, tree-ripened, heavenly...peach. And I pull out all my peach recipes and eat peaches every day while they last. The following recipe is one of my favorites. I've decided to start taking pictures of my fun food projects...just to keep track and also to improve my photography skills. I recently joined a recipe exchange group with some friends and Laura had the brilliant idea of creating a blog to keep us organized and make it easy. Check it out at...www.saucycooks.blogspot.com . In the meantime, try my Peaches and Cream Tart for a delicious taste of summer.
Peaches and Cream Tart
Macaroon Cookie Crust
2 cups macaroon cookies, crumbled
¼ cup butter, melted
Mix crumbled macaroon cookies with butter. Grease round cake or pie pan. Press mixture into pan and put in freezer for 15 minutes.

Tart
1 cup whipping cream
2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup sugar
4 Tablespoons orange juice
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
Fresh peaches
Fresh raspberries or blueberries (optional)
Sugar

Prepare Macaroon Cookie Crust and freeze for 15 minutes. Whip cream until stiff. Set aside. In a large bowl beat cream cheese then blend in the 2/3 cup sugar, orange juice, and vanilla and almond extracts. Fold in whipping cream; spread over frozen crust. Let set in refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours before serving or place in freezer for 1 hour. Before serving, peel and slice peaches. Lightly sprinkle with sugar. Top filling with peach slices and garnish with berries, if desired. Makes 6 servings. (This recipe can be doubled in a 10-inch springform pan or 9x13-inch pan.)

From The Essential Mormon Cookbook by Julie Badger Jensen

3 comments:

Matt said...

This looks great. I'm a bit of a peach afficiando. I just learned that you brought some of this over but my wife and kids consumed it before I had a chance. We'll be making this in the near future.

Michelle Alley said...

OK, this looks really good Jenn. I'm anxious to try it out!

lori said...

Jen...this looks delicious!! I can't wait to try it! Saucy Cooks sounds fun! I'm glad to hear that the girls are loving school. Their picture is SO cute! How does it feel to have just 1 at home now? Time for #4?? :)