Friday, November 2, 2007

Taper Down

Wish me luck! Race week is finally here...
Thursday I got online one more time to check the race details. Four weeks ago when I looked there were only 17 women registered for the 10K. And despite tellling my girls over the course of the last few months that I just wanted to run the race and I was not going to win the race I truly do not want to come in last!! Silly, I know.
But I've done pretty well with my 10K training. This week I'm in the "taper down" phase and so I had an easy 3 mile run on Tuesday and 2 miles on Thursday. With lots of stretching and yoga in-between. Today is a rest day and by tomorrow morning I should be rested and full of lots of pre-race energy.
I have my own personal philosophy about big 'events'. If I do my best in preparation and honestly do everything that I can to be ready--than I am okay with the results--no matter what (again, as long as I'm not last...).
So, happy trails to me and if all goes well I'm setting my sites on a spring sprint triathalon.

2 comments:

Becki said...

Jen! I hope everything went well. You'll have to let me know! I remember feeling the same thing when I did my tri. I didn't care about winning at all, as long as I didn't come in last. So, I know exactly how you feel. After this weekend, you may have changed your mind, but if not, I've been thinking more and more about another triathalon. If you want to do one, I'd love to do it with you, as long as I have a few months to train.

Megan said...

I didn't even know you ran! All those mornings on Steep Mountain could have knocked on your door! :) good for you running a 10 K That is long! I haven't done one of those since my cross-country days in highschool. Good luck! I'm sure you'll do awesome. We've been gont to Hawaii to visit my parents...so great! My sis Nat had her first baby while we were all there! Goo dluck!!!