Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I Give In

It’s been building for a while, my THIRST. Everyone asks if I’ve PARTAKEN yet…after all I am known for DEVOURING them. But I was afraid, of the subject, the hype, and the audience, how could anything live up to this buildup of MYTHICAL proportions? And the fallout, you finish SATING your THIRST either OBSESSED or indifferent.

Well, I started CONSUMING them this weekend during our family vacation. I began at TWILIGHT, when Brin informed me it was time for bed. I tucked her into her sleeping bag and read by the light of the NEW MOON (and the tent light). It was a little COLD outside, and I found my arms falling asleep from loss of BLOOD as I rolled from side to side. But I…I was SLEEPLESS. I did eventually SURRENDER to the NIGHT but continued my HUNT the next day. It took me all of 72 hours to PREY through all 2444 pages, I read through the ECLIPSE (ok, so it only visible at the North Pole) and into the BREAKING DAWNnot really.

It took me a day or two to recover from the reading FRENZY. The DAZED look has finally faded from my BLOODSHOT eyes. And now I feel…QUENCHED.

8 comments:

Will Murdoch said...

And what did you think about the books?

Monica M said...

ha ha ha. I am depressed that it is over. I think Michael Phelps should play Edward. He is super human. Maybe he is a vampire? I loved the last book, maybe because I love a good love story.

Michelle Alley said...

The hype of these books are just getting up into Montreal. I still haven't picked one up yet - would you recommend it?!! I keep thinking I should get reading them, but I still walk past that section and not buy them. I'm with Laura - did you like the books? Do tell!

Becki said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, you're already done?? well, even if you didn't like them, at least they didn't take up much of your time! but, did you?

Christensen Family said...

I'll post my full reviews on goodreads...you can check them out there. But I did enjoy them. It's been a while since I got so SUCKED into a story!

Noriane said...

Welcome to the club, Jen! I can't wait to read what your impressions were, but something tells me that if you read all 4 books that fast, you must have liked them! I tell you, I have been completely obsessed with these books for 2 months now! (yes, I was a latecomer too) My favorite book remains Twilight. I can't say I cared much about New Moon (although you do have to read it to understand what happens next). I liked Eclipse and Breaking Dawn is growing on me now that I am re-reading it. I can't wait for the movie!

Kati said...

what did you think? did you like the ending of the series?

DeLaina said...

Clever clever post:-) I finished it last weekedn, so I'm looking forward to your up-date on Goodreads!