Wednesday, September 3, 2008

It just got interesting

Until tonight:
...I was lukewarm about voting for John McCain for president
...I've never really cared about a vice-presidential candidate, and
...I've scoffed at all the ideals lobbed around at convention time.

And then Sarah Palin stood up and said "No one expects us to agree on everything. But we are expected to govern with integrity, good will, clear convictions, and ... a servant's heart. " After listening to her talk tonight:
...I will defend my vote for the republican ticket.
...I will follow closely this vice-presidential candidate, and
...I support the ideals I heard about tonight, and the candidates who hold them are the ones I will vote for.

3 comments:

Noriane said...

I agree! I loved her speech last night! I wish she was the one running for president! :) (well except for the lack of international policy experience...)

Thanks for stopping by today. I'd had a sad day (hence the swollen eyes and the lack of makeup--long story), so it felt good to be cheered up.

Jenn said...

Amen to that! I couldn't agree more. And...the more I learn about her and hear her speak. The more I can't wait to vote for the ticket. It was fun to chat with you about it at book group. I love that night each month and look forward to seeing you again in October!

lori said...

Jeremy and I agree 100% You couldn't have said it better...NOW it's getting good!