Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Voting



Not:

-because I think my individual contribution will change the outcome.

-because my state is a battleground or swing state.

-because then I earn the right to complain (I get that anyway).

But:

-because I live in America, and going out this morning was one way that I can show gratitude for being an American.

-because it's a right that people have fought and died for. And voting shows my respect for their sacrifice.

-because it makes me feel a part of a greater community of citizens who know and care.

-because I care about my city and my state.

-because I know my legislator who's up for re-election.

- because I can.

2 comments:

Doug Brasier said...

...and because it will be really cool to tell my kids in 20 years that I voted for Obama. =)

Becki said...

that really put things in perspective for me. thanks!

oh, and i hope your ankle starts to feel better soon