Monday, December 1, 2008

Shhh...

Don't tell...but I'm not quite finished with my Christmas shopping yet...ok to be completely honest I'm just barely started with my shopping.

But I have a little secret that I discovered many years ago. I am a list person (I'm turning into my mother, I know!!). If I'm feeling overwhelmed with to much to do I make a list, I take great pleasure in crossing things off, and somehow I get it all finished. So, the secret is a holiday planner that I download every year from familyfun.com. It is awesome, my favorite pages are the gift list, the fill in the blank calendar, and the recipes, menus and party pages. This year I'm committed to filling out the holiday memories page also. I keep everything in a binder in page protectors, and it keeps all the receipts, recipes, crafts, ideas etc. together. And I even keep my lists from years past...just ask what Santa brought Sadie three years ago!

The crazy thing is, it is so simple, an hour and you could create your own. But that's another Christmas secret...don't waste time on something that someone else has already done!

3 comments:

bebe said...

You make me tired. I can't keep up with you! Even when you're behind schedule, you're more prepared than I am. Oh, the sadness of my life! :) BTW, Can you do my shopping and planning too?

Amy Brasier said...

I haven't started either, other than buying Doug's pj's, I've done zilch! Donating to Heifer this year as everyone's gift has helped relieve much though. Are you guys planning on donating in lieu of a gift for us? You can look up Heifer International and search for our registry by last name & donate online (let the girls pick out the animal). Hope that relieves one less gift to worry about shopping for!

Jenn said...

I knew we were kindred spirits! I too am a list maker, binder creater. I sure enjoy reading your blog!