Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I often go walking...



It's decision time again...this spring the work begins on the yard. We're a couple weeks behind the bloom times in the valley but we really do need to get going. We've hired a landscape designer and this afternoon we met with her at a local nursery to look at plant selections. I really had no idea quite what to expect but after seeing her preliminary drawings for the yard I am excited! We came across some definite No!s,(no ornamental pines or juniper) but we have some really unique spots that I'm excited to work with. Hopefully somewhere between my idea of profusions of color (see above picture) and Brian's ideal of sparse rocks and bark we'll find a compromise. Wish us luck!

2 comments:

Noriane said...

Jen, I agree about the junipers--ugly trees (apologies to those who will read this and have junipers in their yards--I am an opinionated French person who will always tell you the truth, no matter how blunt :) I also hate topiaries...

Designing a yard is such an exciting thing to do! I am still working on mine and wish I had the money to do what I really want!Sigh...

I got some huge trees from Twin Pines nursery last year at wholesale prices and they all came back gorgeous this spring, so I recommend them. Good luck with everything! Invite us over for a BBQ when it's all done so we can admire! :)

Jenn said...

I am a little envious of the opportunity you have. Sometimes, I want to move - just to start over with landscaping. I've learned so much that I wish I had known 11 years ago when we put in our yard that I would love to implement into a new yard. But for now, I just enjoy what I have and keep adding and changing. Have fun and I'd love to come see the completed canvas!