Thursday, May 1, 2008

Little Things

Sometimes in life we get lost in the stuff. The next big project, the company from out of town, the never-ending laundry and the mundane jobs that need to be accomplished. But I've decided that in the midst of chaos you can still choose to be happy. There is pleasure to be found in each day. You just have to decide what brings you joy. My list is simple and long it's made up of little things that are sometimes significant to only me, but they bring satisfaction to each day. Tonight was full of good things, book club (always a treat) but even better good friends, and silliest of all a night time field trip to a brand new...of all things grocery store...where we arrived to late to get the gelato we were all hoping for, but still in time for the gelato maker behind the counter to let us sample each of his flavors. So with the taste of pink grapefruit gelato still on my tongue I'll sleep contentedly until tomorrow with it's own list of simple pleasures.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm glad I got to enjoy that simple pleasure with you...you are a blessing in my life and I really mean that!

Noriane said...

I agree! Right now, nothing makes me happier than blooming trees. Seing a beautiful pink blooming tree lifts my spirits like nothing else! (says Justin, "Gee, I wish it was always that easy to please you") Eh...